Saturday, March 8, 2014

Eggs Baked in Muffin Tins

I always mess up poached eggs. They break up in the boiling water, no matter how careful I am. So I learned to bake my eggs instead, and I use these baked eggs as a substitute for poached eggs in many breakfast and brunch recipes. They always turn out perfect.

This is also a great way to cook eggs for a crowd.

I did not include quantities, as the recipe is so simple, and so easy to adapt to make as many, or as few, of these eggs as you need for a given meal.

The cooking time will vary, depending on whether you want the yolks soft or more firm.

RECIPE:

Butter, cooking oil, or non-stick spray
Large eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Using the butter, oil, or cooking spray, lightly grease the muffin tins - one muffin cup per egg.

Carefully break one egg into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or longer as needed, until the yolks are cooked to your liking.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a brunch and they shape so well. Thanks for bringing them to foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete