Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where Do the Recipes Come From?

Unless noted otherwise, the recipes on this site are original. They have been inspired through the years primarily by my Italian upbringing and my interest in the cuisines of the broader Mediterranean region. I've also been influenced by recipes I've found in various cookbooks (and customized to my own tastes), as well as dishes I've enjoyed in restaurants and reproduced in my own signature style.

Primary thanks go to my Grandma Marianna, Mama Julianna, and Aunt Philomena, who taught me to cook in the old country fashion from the time I was in a highchair.

For the most part, this is the stuff I grew up eating. It's my comfort food. And now it's in writing.

I hope you will enjoy my recipes and the joy that good cooking and dining can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment